CQCM: Carousel Quartz Crystal Microbalance
The SEMTECH-CQCM is a carousel quartz crystal microbalance for the measurement of particulate matter.
- 1065 Compliant: The SEMTECH-CQCM meets the US EPA 1065 compliance requirements for in-use testing.
- Continuous Sampling System: Pre-conditioning and post-conditioning of crystals while one is sampling.
- Configurable Dilution Ratios: The unit can be set to dilution ratios ranging from 4:1 to 60:1.
- Direct Sample Path: Diluted sample is routed directly from the MPS to the CQCM through a gas interconnect, which joins the bottom outlet of the MPS module to the top inlet of the CQCM module.
- Data Processing: Reduced analysis time takes approximately 5 minutes instead of 24 hours.
- Graphical Panel Display: A full color, graphic touch screen displays live data, and enables system setup and basic functions.
- Power Supply Monitoring: Power can be either 12 VDC, 110 VAC or 220 VAC, with both current and voltage monitoring.
- Weatherproof Construction: All components meet IP54 (NEMA 3) standards.
- Shock Resistance: The mechanical design has been optimized for resistance to shock and vibration, ensuring data in the most rugged of in-use environments.
- Design Details: Over a decade of experience in in-use emissions testing has gone into the design details of the SEMTECH ECOSTAR system, including:
- EMI protection, including gaskets, filters and capped connectors
- Stress relief for pneumatic connections
- Channels for cable management
- Standard Swagelok™ bulkhead connectors
- Rugged Deutsch connectors for power and auxiliary connectors
- Handles that lock to other SEMTECH ECOSTAR modules for stable system integration
The SEMTECH-CQCM is a small and robust particulate measurement device that meets the requirements of US EPA CFR 40 part 1065. The system is comprised of eight sampling units, each with a heated inlet, electrostatic precipitator and quartz crystal. The system works directly with the SEMTECH-MPS, with diluted sample entering through a port from the bottom of the MPS to the top of the CQCM.