Micro Proportional Sampling System(MPS)
The SEMTECH-MPS is a partial flow dilution system that meets the requirements of both US EPA CFR 40 part 1065 and ISO 16183.
- 1065 Compliant: The SEMTECH-MPS meets the US EPA 1065 compliance requirements for in-use testing.
- High Speed: Operating at speeds up to 10 Hz, the system provides nearly instantaneous adjustment of sample flow.
- Remote Dilution: US EPA regulations and sound engineering practice dictate that, when measuring exhaust particulate mass, the full flow of exhaust must be maintained at the exhaust temperature, and that the exhaust sample may only be transported a limited distance prior to dilution for measurement. Once the sample has been diluted, the aerosol is stabilized, and the diluted exhaust sample may be transported as needed to reach the measurement device. While large trucks may be able to contain the measuring equipment within the required distance of the exhaust, it is difficult, if not impossible to do so with smaller vehicles. For this reason, Sensors has developed a remote diluter, which is compatible with the SEMTECH Micro Proportional Sampling (MPS) System.
- Configurable Dilution Ratios: The unit can be set to dilution ratios ranging from 4:1 to 60:1.
- Direct Sample Path: Diluted sample is routed directly from the MPS to the PFS through a gas interconnect, which joins the bottom outlet of the MPS module to the top inlet of the PFS module.
- Graphical Panel Display: A full color, graphic touch screen displays live data, and enables system setup and basic functions.
- Power Supply Monitoring: Power can be either 12 VDC, 110 VAC or 220 VAC, with both current and voltage monitoring.
- Weatherproof Construction: All components meet IP54 (NEMA 3) standards.
- Shock Resistance: The mechanical design has been optimized for resistance to shock and vibration, ensuring data in the most rugged of in-use environments.
- Design Details: Over a decade of experience in in-use emissions testing has gone into the design details of the SEMTECH ECOSTAR system, including:
- EMI protection, including gaskets, filters and capped connectors
- Stress relief for pneumatic connections
- Channels for cable management
- Standard Swagelok™ bulkhead connectors
- Rugged Deutsch connectors for power and auxiliary connectors
- Handles that lock to other SEMTECH ECOSTAR modules for stable system integration
Click Here to download PDF
The SEMTECH-MPS is designed to work seamlessly with the SEMTECH-PFS and the SEMTECH CPM or SEMTECH-CQCM for the measurement of particulate matter. It can also be used in conjunction with the SEMTECH-FEM from the SEMTECH ECOSTAR product line as a proportional diluter, or as a stand-alone constant dilution system. The system uses a remote diluter, simplifying installation.